Taxonomic Swap 110613 (Submetido em 16-05-2022)

In accord with AOS-NACC (Chesser et al. 2021), the nomenclature of Phalacrocorax (cormorants and shags), and the sequence of genera and species, are revised, following Kennedy and Spencer (2014) and Kennedy et al. (2019). Phalacrocorax is partitioned into six genera, which are listed in the sequence Poikilocarbo, Urile, Phalacrocorax, Gulosus, Nannopterum, and Leucocarbo. Change the scientific name of Neotropic Cormorant from Phalacrocorax brasilianus to Nannopterum brasilianum.

Clements Checklist v2021 (Citação)
Yes
Adicionado(s) por birdwhisperer em 16 de maio de 2022, 01:13 PM | Committed by birdwhisperer on 16 de maio de 2022
replaced with

Comentários

@birdwhisperer we were holding off on the remaining Clements changes (cormorant and ruby-crowned kinglet) since they are so large until we can coordinate doing them in a way that has minimal impact on the site. Can you leave the rest of the Clements changes to us. We're getting to them as soon as possible

Publicado por loarie cerca de 1 mês antes (Sinalizar)

it looks like this one was committed, and causing quite a bit of a mess because Double-crested and many "Phalacrocorax" were not also committed at the same time. Lots of cormorant observations previously RG got bumped up to family level.

Publicado por henicorhina cerca de 1 mês antes (Sinalizar)

For example this one was at family-level until I agreed with the new ID: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/76770830

Publicado por henicorhina cerca de 1 mês antes (Sinalizar)

@henicorhina That would've happened anyway, even if I had done things right (btw, sorry about that @loarie, where was it mentioned we were holding off on these swaps? I checked flags and forum for such discussion prior). If the initial id is contrary to the community, then it needs 3 ids to make it RG. Similar situation happened here where the id was Buteo before I agreed with Swainson's Hawk and give the obs its third and RG id. I checked out unidentified family level ids in Phalacrocoridae and they're all cases of the initial id being genus Phalacrocorax. They were RG before because the genus was the "correct" identification, it just wasn't as precise, so all it needed was two ids to be RG. Now that Phalacrocorax is considered a disagreeing id, it needs that 3rd identifier.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/117909037

Publicado por birdwhisperer cerca de 1 mês antes (Sinalizar)

Adicionar um Comentário

Iniciar Sessão ou Registar-se to add comments